Sunday, July 21, 2013

An "All Music " Lineup

Blog muscles were atrophying (would've done one on my trip to NY, but I didn't have pictures) and with the past couple of losses, I figured we needed a fun blog post.

During one of the games, I thought about what would be my favorite Washington Nationals lineup of all time based on their walk-up music. And I even decided to take it a step further and create a balanced 25 man roster just based on this.


Here's my list

C - Ivan Rodriguez - Check Yo Self - Ice Cube
1B - Matt Stairs - Stone Cold Steve Austin Wrestling Entrance Music
2B - Alex Cora - Don Omar and Lucenzo -Danza Kuduro
SS - Christian Guzman - How We Do - The Game (I also loved it when the Nats would have the ZZZZZZZZ on their digital display for Christian GuZman")
3B - Anthony Rendon - Still D.R.E. - Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg (or Lion, whatever he's calling himself these days)
LF - Bryce Harper - It's Tricky - Run DMC
CF - Jayson Werth - Dazed and Confused - Led Zeppelin 
RF - Ian Desmond - I Wear my Stunna Glasses at Night - The Federation and E-40 (Yes, Ian Desmond played 7.1 innings in Right Field in his Nationals career, which makes him eligible for Right Field in my All Music Roster)

Bench
2B/SS - Danny Espinosa - Turn the Page - Bob Seger
LF/RF/1B - Adam Dunn - Turn the Page - Metallica
CF Nyjer Morgan - Blow the Whistle - Too Short 
C/1B/LF/RF Robert Fick - Dear Mama - Tupac
1B/LF/RF - Michael Morse - Take on Me - A-ha

SP Ross Detwiler - Wherever I may Roam - Metallica
SP Stephen Strasburg - Seven Nation Army - White Stripes (I know, this is Baltimore's anthem but I love the beat)
SP Gio Gonzalez - House Party - Meek Mill and Young Chris
SP John Lannan - My Own Summer (Shove it) - Deftones
SP Jason Marquis Run this Town - Jay Z, Rihanna and Kanye West

RP Chad Cordero - King Nothing - Metallica 
RP Drew Storen - Bad Company - Five Finger Death Punch
RP Tyler Clippard - Ready or Not - Fugees
RP Todd Coffey - Ultimate Warrior Wrestling Entrance Music
RP Matt Capps - Final Countdown - Europe 
RP Ryan Mattheus - Firework - Katy Perry
RP Michael Gonzalez - Cracks - Freestylers (I needed a situational lefty in my All time Musical roster)

I don't know how many wins this roster would put out, but I would love to see (and hear) this 25 man roster play 162 games.

No comments:

Post a Comment